Thursday, February 11, 2010




The picture on the right is about 5 years old.....I was a cat 3...in Jackson Hole, WY...raced like 6 time a year and couldn't start my season
until April or may and that was usually in the snow and peppered with weekly climbing and skiing trips.....the pic below is from a from a year ago.....I now live in Marin Ca, train 5 days a week... year round. I've gone from a do it all 180 lb, climbing, skiing, biking, carpenter bum. to a lean 165lb Lycra clad stick figure.........My body has been completely changed. I wear pants with a wast size of 31 instead of 33 or 34...I've added new holes to my belt....and my old tight shirts that I was notorious for wearing hang off of me......I have no face or ass..............and the thought of climbing rocks and mountains scares the shit out of me........

I feel like a different person with vivid flashbacks of a previous life when I used to run up and down mountains like this all day with nothing but a man purse,(an almost uselessly small pack that can barely hold a water bottle, sticky climbing shoes, windbreaker, and cliff bars). I sure miss it..........but can't imagine what it would be like to jump back into that life.....forward and onward for now.....the bike is where I belong in this moment. Have to save these images for my dreams.



No comments:

Post a Comment